Sunday 23 June 2013

I find a new home


I am Candy Floss- a small Russian dwarf hamster. This is my story of how I became the part of new Kollur family...


There I was minding my own business, with my back turned at those rude people, staring at me and my house-mates like we were movie stars or the eighth wonder of the world. That is why we love to curl up in the bed and sleep at day so it would be difficult for those ill- mannered people to gush over us. Once in a while I do go and eat ‘n’ drink at lunch and breakfast but at dinner (when the humans are asleep) we have a feast. Any way as I was sleeping suddenly felt our brown bed top lift and giant 5 chubby sticks and a circle which people use to hold stuff tower over us! We were petrified and started to scramble and dig through the floor to safety!!! At first my friend, the white Russian dwarf, was picked up and I silently started to weep, thinking it was the last time we’d see him. There was also a small girl I hadn’t noticed, at the back. Meanwhile, I was agreeing with my other friend that the human had picked the wrong hamster. The white one had a scraggy temper and a ferocious bite and so as he hissed violently to be put down, the small girl shook her head vigorously as to tell no. Next I was picked up. Being the youngest, I was more scared and less attacking. As I whimpered, the girl seemed to like me and with one word and a smile, I had a new owner. The next thing I knew, I was saying goodbye and was stuffed in a cardboard box. At that time if I bit her hand, I’d still be home .now I am glad I didn’t.
Soon I was stowed in and felt like I was being moved about. Some time later it stopped and felt like I was put down. After what seemed like a life-time, I was finally let out and I slowly came out. I quickly scampered inside a big bed.  First few days at new place (with new smelling bed) was very strange. I always tried to hid myself into corners and dig myself deep into the pile of soft scrapings of wood. But that seems so long ago now since a few days later the little girl Jappi picked me up and cuddled me. I am at home again…

1 comment:

  1. Nice that you have a small candy floss. Show compassion towards these poor animals who cannot express since they can't speak. Still they too have emotions so they can be friendly with persons who show kindness to them and they try to avoid who are rude with them. Never harass or tease these poor things. I think you are very friendly with this candy floss and enjoy its company.

    ReplyDelete